17th January 2015: Kuala Lumpur


Hi! I'm back home for a while even though I'm still in the midst of my finals but my next paper doesn't start until this Sunday, and besides, I've been away from home for over a month (commitments, ew) so I don't see why I don't deserve this temporary break. But I'm starting to think this is a bad idea because I haven't been revising, smh.

ANYWAY,  I'm *trying* to blog as often as possible so please do bear with me :) The photos that I'm about to upload here were all taken back in January, during the time my friends and I went to KL. You could say that I was a part-time tourist guide and a photographer - unofficially hired by my friends because in our circle, I'm the only one who knows the way around KL, since they mostly come from the North and East Cost of Malaysia.

We were already starving on our way to KL and as soon as we arrived KL Sentral, we straight away headed to B.Bap Korean Food, just as we had initially planned.

 photo IMG_0452.jpg
Beef Kimchi Jiggae *slurpsssss*

 photo IMG_0453.jpg
Traditional Kimbap

 photo IMG_0451.jpg
Jajangmyeon - doesn't really taste as good as how you usually see Koreans eat on your favourite Korean TV shows.

 photo photo 1.jpg

 photo IMG_0459.jpg
Mandu

 photo IMG_0462.jpg
Ddeobeokki aka Spicy Rice Cake

 photo IMG_9686.jpg
Bibimbap


Our journey then continued with us going into Sephora - every girls' makeup haven. We tried on various types of lipstick and mascara they had on display for tests and shamelessly left the store with nothing in hand.


We then took the train to Times Square and windowed shopping. After awhile, we walked to Pavilion and had an impromptu photoshoot because the location was perfect for photoshooting and also because it was so hard to miss because our outfits were so on point! (takde la on point sangat haha over kau)


 photo IMG_9693.jpg
 photo IMG_9691.jpg
 photo IMG_9685.jpg

 photo IMG_9692.jpg
 photo IMG_9687.jpg

 photo IMG_0455.jpg
My classmates and also my best friends in Uni. I'm grateful for their existence in my life because who would've thought we could grow to be this close. All of us had a hard time fitting in during the first semester and we were so close to breaking down because we thought none of our classmates had the potential to be called as a "best friend" haha look at us now - as tight as a tangled rope. 
----
Fyi, we actually stopped by Tous Les Jours when we were on our way to Pavilion. It was unplanned, really, because we initially wanted to have a bite at Magnum Cafe but it's located at Mid Valley and since we wanted to make sure we didn't miss the bus to Lendu later that night, we had to renounce the thought :( 
 photo Untitled-2.jpg

 photo IMG_0465.jpg

 photo IMG_0458.jpg

 photo IMG_0457.jpg

 photo IMG_9682.jpg

 photo IMG_9681.jpg

The cafe / bakery though, compensated our disappointment (of not going to Magnum Cafe). The baked goods were SO GOOD! I definitely recommend its almond croissant and they're quite affordable as well but I can't say the same for its drinks. A lil' bit pricey but that's a given, right?
I just realised that Tous Les Jours is a Korean bakery franchise lol this day was filled with Korean-based food.
xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sian Acu

Terkesima Trip - Singapore, 2016

Week 1 of 52