Terkesima Trip - Singapore, 2016



I had always wondered if there will ever come a time for me to actually step out of tanah airku for as long as I still breathe. Though I was told that I had been to Singapore before but apparently I was still a baby then - one that I had no clear, and vivid memory of. I could barely speak then, let alone walk, therefore it's almost too impossible for me to trace any available memories of me being physically there. Hence, I wouldn't count it as me having been to another country before.

Alhamdulillah. I guess Allah swt heard my prayers, I was blessed with a chance to travel out of the country for the very first time in my entire existence (and without my family's presence). When this opportunity arose I honestly didn't want to lose it, although it was pretty hard to convince Ayah of allowing me to go to Singapore. You see, Ayah had always been protective and careful of me whenever I decide to go out without him but as I grow older, his protection over me is reduced by 90%. The remaining 10% exists because he has trust issues with the people around me, if I exclude my friends that is. But after much consideration (with a side of puss in boots sympathetic eyes), he finally let me hehe lap peluh ciked. Oh btw, I went to Singapore with Sabrina and Mahirah hehe.

Without further ado, let's look at the photos that I had taken in both JB and Singapore! Oh btw, I brought Ronnie (my DSLR) along but I didn't use it. At. All. I know right?! Ammelia is not using her camera to take pictures?! Never thought I'd see the day haha. Idk I just didn't feel like using it and my iPhone just seems to be a lot easier to use and quality-wise, I'd say it's on par with DSLR cameras. Furthermore, the picture quality from my DSLR seems to deteriorate as time passes. HUHU.




Interesting cap.


MRT in Singapore.

HarbourFront. AT A LOSS FOR WORDSSS. LE SIGH.



Walked for about 15 minutes or so to Sentosa Island. You can actually get there by monorail though but bear in mind that the queue can be quite long. Like, really long.


Ah, the infamous USS globe hehe felt surreal seeing this.



 photo 8.jpg
=
This Water World Show was spectacular!!! So glad we didn't miss it.


Mahirah and I rode on the blue roller coaster while Sabrina waited for us with our bags outside. She didn't think her body could handle the ride in case she gets nauseous later and she was right. I had always loved roller coasters but this one was crazy Mahirah and I shouted at the top of our lungs the whole ride. I honestly didn't feel great after that lol SIGNS OF OLD AGE GUYS.

Left USS between 2PM-3PM and headed straight for Marina Bay Sands







Then we took the train to Bugis Street.


 photo 19.jpg


We then walked to Haji Lane.



 photo 21.jpg
 photo 17.jpg
 photo 23.jpg
 photo 18.jpg

Walking through the street of Haji Lane, it reminded me a lot of Jonker Walk in Melaka, and Armenian Street in Penang. Felt a lot like home for a moment there tbh haha.

The beautiful Masjid Sultan located at Haji Lane!

We walked back to Bugis Street where Mahirah bought her souvenirs and it was already 7PM by then and our train (from Woodlands to KTM JB) leaves at 8PM-ish, thus we decided to take GrabCar instead of using MRT because we didn't want to be late and obviously we were exhausted to the bones. Though it costed us about $21 and that's like RM63 (RM21 each person) hahaha #terkesima #tutupmatasambilhulurduit #huhu.

 All in all it was an enjoyable trip and we were able to experience being out of the country (sebelah je pun huhu) without any adults accompanying us! ...well I am very well aware that we're very much adult haha what I'm trying to say is that none of our family members were there to pimpin us :D Definitely looking forward to more trips like this!


In case you're wondering why Terkesima Trip. Well, our trip definitely involved lots of terkesima moments, therefore, the name "Terkesima Trip" haha such a lame inside joke... OH and btw, I take back what I said about my phone camera quality being on par with DSLR cameras because it's definitely not. When the photos are enlarged they really turn out to be ughhhhgly and grainy and it's such an eyesoreeee omg. But oh wells.

Until (next year! lol gurau gurau but this might also be true.. who knows. haha) then!

Comments

  1. Bila nak pergi dengan I pulak...............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha itu la pasal babe. Nanti ada rezeki we go ok!

      Delete
  2. Hahaha the terkesima bit about GrabCar!!! I can relate #cheapskate

    So much fun when your parents aren't chaperoning kan?! Other than my travels while studying here, I've never actually been on a trip with just friends, so I'm very jealous!

    And love the "Between old and modern Singapore" photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! I mean, not to say it's any less fun when we're traveling with our parents but it's just really nice when you're with your friends hehe. Thank you so much Sheera for your thoughtful comment <3 hehe

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sian Acu

A world of my own