Raya Haji 2017

...or more like Penang Foodventure 2k17

Hi!

This trip to Penang was never at all planned. I had no idea we were going until last Tuesday or Wednesday (I can't remember) when Ayah told me. It came as an absolute surprise to me because... well it's kind of personal but just know that I had never seen this coming. I thought my weekend (or Raya Haji for that matter) was going to be like any other weekends (and Raya Haji(s)) but I definitely thought wrong but no complaints there hehe.

In case you noticed, I was a little quiet during Raya Aidilfitri two months ago and that is because I didn't get to celebrate Raya in Penang this year :( So, to be able to balik Penang for Raya Haji really got me excited hehe.

DAY 1: It was a 10-hour long and grueling drive to Penang. Took a few photos dalam kereta.





DAY 2: Raya Haji. We decided to visit Daddy, my uncle, who is also my arwah Mimi's eldest brother, and is now residing in Kuala Kedah.

But before that, a few photos of my anak menakan I took in the morning dekat rumah Tok.


We were greeted with so much warmth and love. Daddy had tears pooled in his eyes when we stepped foot in his house and that broke me. Can't remember the last time we visited him but it was years ago when he stayed in Perak with Kak Na. I think it was harder for him when he saw me because I resemble so much of his late little sister, my Mimi.


DAY 3: Wanted to have Argyll for breakfast, but tutup and it was too crowded at Transfer Road, hence, we settled for Abdul Hamid instead.


Lepas breakfast, we went to Lorong Kulit Flea Market. It's kind of like a thrift shop, only in the form of gerai-gerai where they sell all their antiques and vintage stuff such as pinggan mangkuk, cameras, books, and etc. Love love love these kind of flea markets! 


So we were walking, sekali tengok budak kecik ni he was literally drenched in sweat hahahaahhaha must've been hard for him to not be able to mengadu anything yet. I mean his vocabs are only limited to "ah" and "oh". No one is able to decipher that obviously haha.

Look at all the sempoi-ness that is this uncle! I had to sneakily take a pic of him.

That evening, we went to Lebuh Pantai for Penang Street Food Festival.



DAY 4: Finally dapat makan roti canai dekat Argyll. If you ever come here, please bear in mind that the service is really REALLY slow, you just gotta be patient kalau nak makan roti canai sedap. Worth the wait inshaAllah haha.



That evening we went to Penang Avatar Secret Garden but it was raining cats and dogs HUHU. So I really advise you to go bila tak hujan (and obviously at night) because CANTIK GILA. It's such a shame it was already the last night for us. Takpa la, depa kata takdak rezeki. InshaAllah next time. 

DAY 5: Bertolak balik around subuh, and we decided to have Nasi Bamboo at Sungai Klah, Sungkai, Perak for brunch. Never knew the place existed but Abang and Kak Su had always been wanting to try it. If you ever come down to Perak, or anywhere further up north, I highly suggest you to drop by here to have lunch. So sedap and it opens at 10.30am till 6.00pm daily (except on Fridays - or at least that's what it says on its Facebook page).


And that was my Raya Aidiladha. How was yours? :)

Comments

  1. MAJOR LOVE FOR ALL YOUR PHOTOSSSSSS!! (drowning in heart eyes emoji)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Terkesima Trip - Singapore, 2016

Sian Acu

Week 1 of 52