Every ounce of confidence

Nothing is more infuriating than to see Photobucket ruining your blog. Dang. Should have seen this coming years ago but there was no way I could predict this as we are all not gifted with the power of seeing the future. Or do we? Haha I don't make sense. The reason why I preferred uploading my photos using Photobucket is the freedom I get to choose the photo size that I wish to upload. While Blogger provides the same function, however, I feel like it's limited and the photos don't always turn out to the size that I want it to be and the only quick fix to this is to resize it on Photoshop and that for me is a hassle. Hm quick sangat. But that seems to not be the case anymore as Photobucket is forcing me to subscribe to its new (and utterly annoying) plan that requires money.

There are two ways that I could do to solve this problem: 1) Subscribe to the said plan that would eventually enable people to view my photos - however, this costs money. And boy das esspensive (If you're a Kathleen Lights' subscriber like me, you'd know this line by heart). Or 2) Re-upload all of the photos using the Blogger uploader - but this would indefinitely cost me my precious time and effort which I already feel exhausted just by thinking of it. And this leaves me with no other option but to just ignore it, as I always do hahahaha #laziestbloggeralert

Moving on, a little update on my somewhat boring life, I'm a 1/4 close to completing with my Degree, inshaAllah! My result for semester five came out last week and honestly, I was a little disappointed with it but I had already foreseen it. I literally half ass-ed my finals and my performance throughout the semester was unsatisfactory - or so I thought. When the result came out and I looked at it, it really felt like a slap in my face, or more like I had my phone dropped in my face - it was that bad. But given the effort I put in, I guess it was warranted, but definitely serves as a lesson to me (Alhamdulillah), and one that I would remember and reflect on for eternity. Cey could I BE anymore deep?! (Try to speak this in Chandler Bing's sarcastic tone)

We plan but Allah is the Best of planners definitely fits this situation perfectly. Lol I kid. There's more depth to the meaning and it doesn't quite fit my situation if we're gonna look at it in a bigger picture. I've already known the risk I put myself in when I (presumably and unintentionally) slacked off in the first place, hence, the mistake is all on me,  and not to my family, my friends, and let alone to Allah swt Himself. 

Ok enough with the mourning already.

My semester break is ending soon, in 16 days to be exact, which means I'm about to wake up from my dream real soon *shudders*. In case you're wondering, next semester is when I'll be starting with my internship! Uh, the dread. More so than looking forward to it, yes, I dread it. Why? Well, despite my age (eh did I mention I turned twenty-something years old a few months back?), a grown-up-adult-kind-of-age, honestly speaking, I don't feel like an adult at all. I am not mentally prepared for the adult-world and physically speaking, well I'm far from it ok I'm a shorty with a face of a teenage girl. Now this one I don't lie cause the cinema staffs tend to ask for my age when I intend to watch movies that are labeled 18 above. Most of the time I don't know how I should react whenever I'm put in that situation - uh thank you for indirectly saying I'm young? But you best bet that I'm mostly annoyed and offended cause I have to take out my IC to prove that I'm not a teenage girl but an actual grown up adult that is actually twenty-something years old -_-

Anyway, yes, this is my worry at the moment. I worry that I couldn't fit in the adult world and mingle and work with more adults in the adult world. Ugh how do people do it? But you know what, if I managed to brave through my first days in both Diploma and Degree, and my first days of working at Colours, Manhattan, and recently, Coffee Bean (gosh I remember how I stayed in the kitchen area the whole time and constantly did the dishes even if there was only one mug to wash because I am by nature, a socially awkward person and can you just imagine how hard it was for me tu be un-awkward around new people and actually fit in!! It was even more worse when I was told not to do the dishes anymore and I was practically screaming internally and thought I was going to die of anxiety because there was nothing else that I could do yet. But alhamdulillah, as the days went by, I became more accustomed to it and even made a few new friends with my colleagues that we still contact every now and then and we would make time to meet up once in a while and reminisce about the good ol' days of being a barista) I'm pretty sure I would do just fine, inshaAllah.

Welp, I guess I'll just have to muster every ounce of confidence I have (and cannon ball into the water, dang it you can't type this without singing this line to Teddy Geiger's For You I Will!) while I still have the time. I mean, internship can't be that baaaaaaaaaad. Kan? hewhew

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Terkesima Trip - Singapore, 2016

Sian Acu

A world of my own